Child & Adult Care Food Program
4Cs of Passaic County is a sponsoring organization for the Child and Adult Care Food Program. The food program is a federally funded program, which reimburses registered family child-care providers for the healthy meals they serve to the children in their care. Participation in this program is optional. Providers must maintain program requirements in order to participate in the program. Regular monitoring visits by 4CS of Passaic County staff are conducted to see that the providers are meeting federal nutritional requirements.
For more information, please call our Family Child Care Food Program Coordinator, Enid Santana at 973-684-1904, Ext. 213.
Family Child Care providers are required to attend 20 hours of training in order to renew their Certificate of Registration. Classes are available through our vocational school The Center for Child Care Careers.
Registered FCC providers must also have current certified basic knowledge of 1st Aid and CPR and must maintain certification. Classes are also available at the The Center for Child Care Careers.
The Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development is excited to announce that scholarships are available for the following:
- CDA Training ($1500 maximum)
- CDA Assessment Fee (online only)
- CDA Renewal (reimbursement)
- College Scholarships ($6000 maximum)
- P-3 Scholarships ($6000 maximum)
- Book Stipend (reimbursement up to $175)
- Merit Award ($500 for scholarship recipients who receive credential – CDA, AA, BA, P-3)
The scholarship application is now available on www.NJCCIS.com – under Professional Profile, under Grants & Scholarships.
Some of the eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be instructional staff (teacher or teacher’s assistant) working at a program currently enrolled in Grow NJ Kids or working at a program that currently receives payment on behalf of children that receive a subsidy through the Child Care Subsidy Program (CCDBG). Or the applicant must be a family child care provider currently enrolled in Grow NJ Kids or currently receiving payment on behalf of children that receive a subsidy through the Child Care Subsidy Program (CCDBG);
- Applicant must be employed for 3 months;
- Applicant must work 30 hours per week.
For more information regarding the scholarships and eligibility, please visit www.NJCCIS.com